WOW! A New Vogue Men's Shirt Pattern!

Friday, January 25, 2013
V8889
 
Color me happily surprised to see a Men's shirt pattern with some nice design details among Vogue Patterns New Spring Collection!
 
Here are the line drawings--
 
 
Although not mentioned in the description, this style certainly appears to have a concealed button placket...I wonder why such a prominent detail was not mentioned. And while described as loose-fitting, shirts designed with side-panels like the ones here can be altered for a closer fit. 
 
That said, the shirt as shown on the model looks slightly fitted to my eye, rather than "loose". But we'll know soon, because I ordered the pattern today, and when it gets here I'll make one in Roger's size and we'll see how it fits. I'll also give a full review of the pattern.
 
Beyond all that...
Because I am a Shirt-Maker by profession, drafting my own patterns for the shirts I design for my clients... I am thrilled to see that Vogue has stepped up and produced a men's shirt pattern that finally has some interesting design details for sewists who use printed patterns!
 
...and Vogue has a new Men's Suit Jacket and Pants pattern (V8890) in the Spring Collection too!