Batik Madness !

Monday, June 4, 2012

This is the latest in the parade of double-pocket Batik shirts I have been making for one of my favorite clients. Because of the busy print in variations of the same shade of blue, you can barely see any of the design details...and I apologize for that. But I wanted to show you the shirt anyway because I think the colors are so striking. 

 I am stitching another shirt for this client today...so stay tuned for at least one more Shirt in this parade of Batik Madness!

SEWING NOTES-- This fabric is a slightly heavier weight than the thin cotton batiks I usually use. So instead of the Pro-Sheer Elegance Interfacing that I usually choose to interface these casual shirts, this one is interfaced with Pro-Woven Light-Crisp Fusible. The buttons, and a wide variety of Professional-Quality Interfacings are available at my store, www.FashionSewingSupply.com (where we have substantially Lowered shipping rates ).  Fabric is from my wholesale shirting supplier.