Finally had time to sew...a new shirt for Roger!

Monday, February 27, 2012

It's been a long time since I have sewn for Roger...he more than deserved a new shirt. I showed him a shirt made of wool gauze that I had designed for a client, and he really liked the fabric. So yesterday while watching a few old episodes of Nip/Tuck...I found some more wool gauze in my stash and made this new shirt for him.

I am looking at the photograph as I type this, and it appears that the right collar and right sleeve cuff are ever-so-slightly longer than their left counterparts...doesn't it ?!!?!  Please take my word for it, they are the same size!  It must have been the camera angle......sigh.....but I snapped over 40 shots of this garment before my cheap camera got the color right and I am not going to do it all over again (I could use some photography lessons, obviously).  And you'll just have to trust that I would never allow Roger out in public wearing a shirt with a wonky collar and cuffs....I wouldn't even allow it in private :)

Alrighty then...now that those issues are out of the way....

This shirt is of my original design, and is made from washed 100% wool "double-gauze". It features a tall standing collar, a "Cigar Pocket", and a double button treatment near the top of the front placket. Because the fabric is quite lightweight, I used Pro-Sheer Elegance Fusible  to interface the front button plackets, and 2 layers of ProSheer Elegance Fusible to interface the collar, collar stand, and cuffs. The buttons are imported Italian Designer Shirt Buttons, in the "Choco-Toffee" color.   Buttons and Interfacing both from www.FashionSewingSupply.com .