HotPatterns Princess Shirt, revisited in wool tweed.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010
This is my first version of the up-dated draft of  HotPatterns' Plain and Simple Princess Shirt.
It was designed for shirting-weight fabrics, but because I wanted to make a simple "shirt jacket", I used a lightweight wool tweed instead. And since I plan to wear this over another top, I added 1/4" of ease to each side seam and the sleeve seams. I wanted to add pockets to this shirt jacket, but unfortunately did not have enough fabric.

This pattern is a re-draft of one of  HotPatterns' first styles.  When comparing the original draft to this new one I was happy to discover that the changes were minor but ones that improved the fit, in my opinion. The most noticeable changes are a slightly lowered armscye, a slightly wider sleeve and the addition of a back neck facing.  Subtle but effective changes that I think I will really appreciate when I make this style in lightweight fabrics...and I will be making this style again. It is one of those great patterns from which you can get a lot of "style mileage".

Sewing notes: Facing and Collar interfaced with PRO-WEFT FUSIBLE from ~Fashion Sewing Supply~.