Fun Designs for the Birthday Girl !

Monday, March 2, 2009
Oh how fast they grow up.....sigh......

Willow's CrossOver Top and brown Pants

It seems like just yesterday that I was designing little toddler dresses for my niece Willow. In a few days she will be 10 years old...it doesn't seem possible...

This set is but one of many outfits I designed and sewed for her "Birthday Wardrobe".
Ten year old girls can be fickle...I hope she likes it!

The top started with an Ottobre Design pattern (from issue 01/05, style #25), that I modified adding double-sleeves, a double hem, and a wide binding strip to the neckline.

The pants started with another Ottobre Design pattern (from issue 03/03, style #23), that I modified by slimming the leg, adding a false-fly, and slightly changing the shape of the pockets.